Monday 16 March 2009

Watch out for the weeds !


It is so easy to start something new.

A diet for example.

Or making a vow to chant more rounds or earlier in the morning.

But I find that the weeds of Maya are so subtle and they creep up so slowly that you almost always get thwarted in your plans if you are not careful.

How many times have I started a vow to chant more or to wake up earlier only to suddenly find myself having this so called obstacle to contend with or that to contend with.

It is all so draining to find yourself at square one again.

One time my Guru Maharaj said that trying to be Krsna Conscious in this material world is like trying to swim upstream. How hard is that?

So really I guess we should expect some resistance from the material energy when we try to leave the comfy shackles of her thorny embrace.

Spiritual Foundation

One thing I really believe in is that we have to work on our spiritual foundation first and foremost. If we do not do this than our house...