Saturday 30 May 2009

Be Krsna Conscious NOW !


I was sitting in Srimad Bhagavatam class today - by HH Lokanath Swami by the way ! - and I suddenly got the realisation that I have to be Krsna Conscious NOW !


How many times have I heard this from Srila Prabhupada and other devotees?


Yet today the penny dropped for me.


My mind is always planning for the tomorrow that never comes... I will be KC when I get my own place, when I get married, when I get a better job.. or even when I lose weight !


But NO - I got to be KC now !


My goal should be to go back to Godhead and along the journey if I am meant to enjoy (due to past pious activities) any material returns then so be it otherwise gotta keep going on this imperishable path towards Krsna.


So many plans are made as it is assumed the grass is surely greener on the other side.. but it ain't !


And you know what?


Who has time to see if it is?


Srila Prabhupada said our lives are like a drop of water on a leaf ... we can be wiped out at any moment !


So as I sat there amongst all the other devotees listening to Maharaj's class this morning I had this realisation.


Next step... implementing my desire.

Spiritual Foundation

One thing I really believe in is that we have to work on our spiritual foundation first and foremost. If we do not do this than our house...