Thursday 11 June 2009

Instant karma?


Got an upgrade from Vodafone on Monday.

It is a new Blackberry mobile.

I can check my emails, free internet usage, free texts etc etc... watch movies on the phone and listen to music.

One devotee commented it was instant karma that I got this phone for a good deed they thought I did earlier this week.

I think it is instant Maya personally... I have been sooooooo distracted by it this week. Wasted 2 evenings just getting to grips with it.

What about Srila Prabhupada's books??

And the novelty of having access to my emails lasted all of 5 mins. Now I wanna scream as I receive yet another email on my mobile !!

I guess this is the nature of this material world.

It looks nice and shiny and glossy on the outside but step closer... get attached... try to enjoy... and bham ! You are caught up in a web of complications and commitments and there is no way out.

Got to keep chanting and taking the medicine of Srila Prabhupada's books.

It will be bitter at first but as we get better (purified of material desires and attachments) we will start to really relish the taste.

Hare Krsna!

Spiritual Foundation

One thing I really believe in is that we have to work on our spiritual foundation first and foremost. If we do not do this than our house...