Monday 13 July 2009

Love Krsna


What is the point of chanting every day?


Or reading Srila Prabhupada's books daily?


Or trying to ensure I only eat Krsna prasadam?


It is to LOVE Krsna.


If I have not developed love for Krsna but am ticking off my sadhanachart each night making sure it is full up and looking good ...what isthe point of that?


When I come before the Deity I will feel nothing.


When I sit in a class I will be bored and wish I was somewhere else.


So the whole point and true test of whether we are making advancement in our spiritual life is whether we love Krsna.


Does not matter if you live in the temple or outside.


Does not matter if you wear nice fancy saris or wrinkle free dhotis.


Sometimes we can get so caught up in all the rules and regulations that we become Krsna Conscious without Krsna.


We externally show the signs of being a devotee but internally thecleansing process is the bare minimal and so there is no change of heart.


Without a change of heart we cannot approach Krsna and without approaching Krsna we remain in a sort of ground hog day... rising,chanting, reading, performing some physical activity in the guise of devotional service, eating and sleeping.


But because no Bhava (spiritual emotion) is churned out of us we become jaded, frustrated and bored...

Spiritual Foundation

One thing I really believe in is that we have to work on our spiritual foundation first and foremost. If we do not do this than our house...