Tuesday 3 February 2009

Bhakti Sastri Course with VIHE


I am an online Bhakti Sastri tutor for VIHE - Vrindavana Institute for Higher Education - for the 3rd module.

The books studied in this module are, Nectar of Devotion, Nectar of Instruction and Sri Isopanisad.

I have about 20 correspondence students.

I like this service as it means you have to be always reading these texts in order to be able to answer all the students questions.

I also gained my Bhakti Sastri qualification through this course in 2007. My tutor for the 3rd module was Bhagavata devi dasi and she passed the reins onto me when I graduated.

Bhagavata mataji lives in Ireland and is a very kind and wise soul.

If you don't have the time to commit to 3-4 months in the holy dhama... than I would highly recommend this course. Not because I am one of the tutors ... that is just an occupational hazard I am afraid! .... but because it means you can fit in studying Srila Prabhupada's books into whatever status of life you find yourself in.

I find that when I am lax in my reading of Srila Prabhupada's books than my spiriutal consciousness becomes really weak.

And when I read Srila Prabhupada's books daily (at least 1 hour) than the material energy really cannot touch me.

For more info go to: http://vihe.org/

Spiritual Foundation

One thing I really believe in is that we have to work on our spiritual foundation first and foremost. If we do not do this than our house...