Wednesday 11 March 2009

Goals


Setting goals in spiritual life is important as it means you have something to work towards.

Could be something simple like "I will wake up 30 mins earlier to have a shower and chant some rounds before work for the next 6 weeks".

Or

Could be something like " I will have read all of Srimad Bhagavatam by 2010".

It is so easy to stagnate in spiritual life.

My Guru Maharaj says lethargy and egoism are the two biggest obstacles in spiritual life.

I think by setting goals it is a good way to beat these two obstacles by always keeping the mind busy in working towards these goals.

And you can also set mini short term goals to work towards the longer term goals.

The mind is crazy when not a devotee... got to control it by any means.

Spiritual Foundation

One thing I really believe in is that we have to work on our spiritual foundation first and foremost. If we do not do this than our house...