Thursday 2 April 2009

Dishonour is worse then death.


“…for a respectable person, dishonor is worse than death.”
Lord Krsna - Bg 2.34

Why do you strip me bear of my image Krsna?
The image I so carefully tendered with love and deceit?
Why do you not regard the many faults of others?

It is My love for you that made Me do it my beloved.


Love? You call this love?

To be exposed in front of the very people I pull up morally?
To be standing unarmed – false egoless – before You and others?
It is better to retreat to the forest and hide.
Rather than face my true self and allow others to face me.

You are better then this.
You are My part and parcel.
That makes you special and intelligent and more learned then your conditioned nature.
Rise up and fight your enemies.
The enemies in the form of false ego, pride and lethargy.
Become superior to the material mind, intelligent and false ego.
Don’t live in the gutter of ignorance and despair.


Oh Krsna… it is not easy. You have made me surrender too much.
I was happy bit by bit.
Why did you strip me off my comfort blanket of duplicity and deceit?
I thought surrender was independent.
Why did you force it upon me?

Because I love you My beloved and heard your earnest cry.


[I wrote this poem after Krsna very kindly stripped me of my honorable reputation recently !)

Spiritual Foundation

One thing I really believe in is that we have to work on our spiritual foundation first and foremost. If we do not do this than our house...