Saturday 25 July 2009

Gratitude


It is funny how when you first come to KC life you really really really appreciate what mercy has befallen you.


Then you became sincere and serious and start to make firm commitments in the movement and with the process.


This leads to taking up responsibilities and becoming reliable.


Slowly however you start to lose touch with reality I feel.


You start to become wrapped up in yourselves to such an extent that you don't have the time or the desire to reach out to others.


You have no taste for book distribution for harinama.


No time for those recreational activities - too busy trying to keep up with my important services and just trying to keep my head above water with the balancing act of material and spiritual life.


But if you think about it someone took the time to reach out to us.


Someone stood on the street corner until we walked by and took a book.


Someone walked/danced on the street corners congregationally chanting the holy names until we stopped and took interest and ventured forward to take a leaflet.


So you see it is so important to have some regular self renewal time.


Why am I here?


How did I get here?


Where am I going?


What can I do to show my appreciation to Krsna and Srila Prabhupada for bringing me to this wonderful life?

Spiritual Foundation

One thing I really believe in is that we have to work on our spiritual foundation first and foremost. If we do not do this than our house...