Wednesday 22 July 2009

London Temple - most important !


One wealthy Indian industrialist has promised a large sum to construct a
magnificent temple in or adjacent to Regents Park in London. So I am asking
you to help me try for this by finding out some land in Regents Park. I have
heard that one mosque has been built there on land given by the government.
Please find out and report to me. As soon as you have secured something very
nice send me details of the property and I shall come to London to finalize
negotiations for it. I think if such a nice place is there, London may
become the world headquarters of our Krishna Consciousness movement.

Here in India we are very encouraged by the favorable response of the Indian
public, especially in Bombay. We shall begin on December 2nd a tour to
Indore, Surat, and other places. Still, Guru Maharaja has instructed me to
take this movement to the western countries, and especially he was favorably
disposed toward London, so the West must be our first order of business, and
I am most pleased that my disciples are opening many new centers there. Why
don't you open some more centers in the British Isles? If you can do this,
in cooperation with your zonal secretary Shyamsunder, it will be to your
great credit.


New centers must be managed by strong men, trained in philosophy,
samkirtan, deity worship, cooking and temple business. With these
qualifications there is every chance for a successful program in any city
of the world. So kindly train up men in your London center to open many
centers in England.

Srila Prabhupada letter to Murari 1974

Spiritual Foundation

One thing I really believe in is that we have to work on our spiritual foundation first and foremost. If we do not do this than our house...